Saturday, April 24, 2010

Card Making Class - Man Card!

At March's monthly card class I promised everyone that in April's class we would make a "Man Card", so here it is!
We used "Cheers to You", a great set suitable for both male and female cards and celebrations too.

I chose Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Really Rust which work well together and teamed with Whisper White cardstock.  The middle Beer Jug is hand cut separating the froth part and covering with the new "Frost White" Shimmer Paint then using a dauber on the bottom glass piece to cover in Really Rust, adding a soft layer all over then heavily daubering around the edges with the same colour. Click on the picture to enlarge the image for a closer view.

The greeting was stamped in Really Rust and punched out using the 1" Circle Punch then layered onto a decorative circle from "Frames with a Flourish" then punched out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch.  The ribbon is the new Old Olive Satin 5/8" from the mini catalogue.

Here is another version where I added some Not Quite Navy.

1 comment:

  1. Really great card! I am always stuck for man cards! I have my brother in law and my dad's to do this month...thanks for the inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete