Saturday, May 14, 2011

By request

I had been asked to make a couple of birthday cards for a friend and here is one of them using the gorgeous "Strenth & Hope" stamp set.  My colour combo is quite bright and girly, consisting of Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo, Concord Crush and Whisper White.  I made the card larger than usual as it was for a special birthday.


I used the "En Francais" background stamp on the Whisper White layer in Pear Pizzazz ink and daubed around the edge.  The gorgeous Butterflies are from the stamp set "Strength & Hope" which is available in Wood Mount for £15.95 or Clear Mount for £12.95.  Stampin' Up! is donating £1.00 from each purchase of this set to The Breast Cancer Reserach Foundation which is fantastic.

The flower was created using the "Fancy Flower" punch and I added a Designer Button to the centre tying with Linen Thread.

The spotty Melon Mambo paper is from the Brights Patterns Paper Stack, this is great value at just £15.50 for 48 sheets of double sided 12x12" paper and can be used for so many projects.

Because I needed a special greeting I used Microsoft Word then punched it out with the new Decorative Label Punch.


No comments:

Post a Comment