Tuesday, August 14, 2012

At Amanda's Quarterly Training events we have "Inspiration Stations" where Demonstrators show us their talents and wow us with inspirational ideas.

In July, Jane showed us this technique called "Pressed Vellum" and I had seen it before but never tried it so thought I would have a go.

I designed my card to focus on the technique which is achieved by stamping using an outline stamp onto Cardstock Vellum (available in the Catalogue), embossing the image with White Embossing Powder then "colouring in" from behind using the Stylus that is available in the Mini Catalogue, this also comes with the Simply Scored Tool.


I used the "Bordering on Romance" stamp set as it's outlined images are perfect.

The Island Indigo heart DSP is from the "Sweet Shop" paper pack.

The flowers to the top right were coloured in using Blender Pens with the lids of the ink pads, if you squeeze them gently when closed, a residue is left on the lid which you can then "pick up" with a Blender Pen and use to colour.


Lots of use of the Framelits Labels dies and I also created a new label shape using one of the framelits to layer behind my greeting, I haven't seen this done before but I am sure someone has already "invented" it!


The greeting is from the "Petite Pairs" stamp set and this one fits perfectly inside the Small Oval Punch.

1 comment:

  1. That looks realy pretty, love the effect with the framelits. Gotta love the delicate look of that technique too. Lovely x

    ReplyDelete