Thursday, August 27, 2015

Watercolour Wings is Just for You!

Gorgeous colour combo today
 
Watermelon Wonder
Tip Top Taupe
Mint Macaron
Early Espresso
 
Why is that Stampin' Up!'s colours just go sooooo well together, just one of the many things I love, love, love about this company and it's products!
 
Co-ordination is definitely the thing that drew me love the products instantly, and I honestly mean instantly, it was like love at first sight!
 
This stamp set I'm using today is called
 
"Watercolour Wings"
 
and is from the new Annual Catalogue
 
It's a 2-step stamp set where you basically layer two stamps together to create a two-toned image.
 
I love that this set has a matching Framelits set of dies, makes it much easier to be creative and creates a nice clean cut image to finish.

For my butterflies on this card I stamped first using the solid butterfly image with Tip Top Taupe ink, then followed by an outline image in Early Espresso.
 
 I find it much easier to die cut the butterfly once stamped, then to ink up the body piece and stamp onto the die cut butterfly.
 
 
The "Just for You" greeting is also part of the same set, I've used the Oval and Scallop Oval punches to frame it and layer with Dimensionals.
 
 
Here you can see just how 3D this card is in real life, beautiful don't you think?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment